In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- El Greco’s owners looked back on their 40 year run, and patrons got nostalgic…
- … and then we learned about the seven-story mixed-use development that will replace El Greco…
- … and an essayist reflected on how, no matter what we thought of El Greco’s food or service, we all have a “3am at El Greco” story...
- … and, still, we can all breathe easy knowing the Sheepshead Bay area still has eight really solid diners.
- In other news, McDonald’s has no balls.
- A man was arrested after slashing the tires of several dozen cars in Midwood and Marine Park.
- A fire destroyed a Coney Island building, wiping out a newly opened business that was owned by the folks behind Sheepshead Bay’s Rocca Cafe.
- A 55-year-old man was killed when he was struck by an Access-A-Ride van in Coney Island.
Pingback: Sheepshead Bay’s Beloved El Greco Diner Will Become Condos | blog3()
Pingback: Sheepshead Bay’s Beloved El Greco Diner Will Become Condos — Grub Street | Handal Jepit()
Pingback: Sheepshead Bay’s Beloved El Greco Diner Will Become Condos – New York News()