In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- Kostyantyn Proskurnyak, of Brighton Beach, is believed to have stabbed his stepfather to death and slashed his pregnant sister, before taking a fatal plunge from his apartment building.
- Cherry Hill Gourmet Market will open a kosher market on Avenue U, in the former location of Richard Yee’s Restaurant.
- Scaffolding is in place around 1524 Sheepshead Bay Road, clearing the way for the storefront’s demolition to allow for a gated pedestrian entrance to the planned 30-story luxury tower.
- Gravesend’s Lady Moody House was set to lose protections when the Landmarks Preservation Commissions announced it would remove nearly 100 locations from its hearing calendars, but was saved when the commission reversed its decision.
- Justice for 14-year-old Shaniesha Forbes, the girl who was found dead, naked and charred on Gerritsen Beach last year. Her killer was convicted this week and awaits sentencing.
- A Midwood man was indicted for embezzling more than $237,000 from a major Jewish outreach organization.