In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- FBI warns of virtual kidnapping scam. Here’s what to know.
- A 17-year-old girl went missing on her way to Madison High School.
- A teacher at Origins High School, on the Sheepshead Bay campus, was removed from the classroom after photos and video surfaced of a former student kissing him.
- A man was struck and dragged by an MTA bus on Kings Highway, leaving him in serious condition.
- A Mill Basin man was arrested for posing as a cop and forcing a woman to have sexual contact with him.
- The DOB disapproved draft plans for the 30-story tower on Voorhies Avenue, but it’s not expected to seriously delay the project.
- Neighbors came to the support of a Sheepshead Bay man profiled by the New York Times‘ “Neediest Cases” series.
- El Greco Diner now has fencing around it, in preparation for demolition.