In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- Emmons Avenue’s El Greco Diner will close after 40 years in business, following the property’s sale to a local developer.
- An Avenue V medical clinic was the headquarters of an alleged $70 million Medicaid and Medicare scam that preyed on the homeless and financially distresses. Ten people have been arrested in connection.
- Borough President Eric Adams is pushing a plan to replace the city’s parking lots with affordable housing, including a well-used lot in Brighton Beach.
- Thieves smashed a Kings Highway storefront window and stole several fur coats.
- This week’s nor’easter caused severe flooding in Plumb Beach courts, illustrating the urgent need for infrastructure improvements to protect residents.