In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- Murrow High School was in lock down for more than two hours after a case of mistaken identity.
- Two men kicked down the door of an apartment on Avenue U, stealing thousands of dollars in cash and valuables.
- A Manhattan Beach man was ordered to pay up to $1.4 million to Facebook for scamming their advertising services.
- A 40-story tower proposed for the Brighton Beach – Coney Island border sparked outrage from neighbors during a community meeting this week.
- A Midwood man pleaded guilty to repeatedly sexually abusing a teen for three years.
- A man posed as a police officer to rob victims at gunpoint.
- MTA buses, subways and bridge and tunnel tolls are increasing again.
- A Coney Island sideshow performer is in the spotlight after a star role on American Horror Story.