A special education bill sponsored by local Assemblywoman Helene Weinstein, which would have demanded that evaluators consider the “home life and family background” of special education students when placing them in schools, was vetoed by Governor Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday. Although the bill does not specifically address religion, religious parents were elated at the bill’s…
- Puzzle: “Suddenly A Mist Fell From My Eyes And I Knew The Way I Had To Take” — Edvard Grieg
- Open & Closed: What You Need To Know For Memorial Day
- Sheepshead Bay Apartment Rental Roundup
- Ocean Avenue Footbridge Now Open!
- Less Than One Week Until The BITE: Sheepshead – Get 2-For-1 Tickets Now!
- Man, 81, Stabbed While Fighting Off Mugger On East 19th Street
- 61st Precinct Crime Statistics: 5/4/2015 – 5/10/2015
- The Sheepshead Summer Stroll Is Back For Its Second Year To Kick-Off Summer On Sunday, May 31! (Sponsored)
- Nakwon Foxworth Sentenced To 110 Years For Shooting Three Cops In Nostrand Apartment Building
- Morning Mug: “The Sky Is Already Purple” ― Alice Hoffman