The annual “Music from Good Shepherd” chamber music series kicks of this Sunday, beginning yet another season of free recitals open to everybody in the neighborhood.
The series of concerts, under the leadership of Musical Director Michael Fontana, takes place over the course of 10 consecutive Sundays at 6:00pm in Good Shepherd Church, Avenue S at Brown Street, in Marine Park. T
The series’ concluding concert will be a rousing performance of George Frideric Händel’s “Messiah,” December 14, featuring a full orchestra, choir and soloists.
Admission is free and open to the public. Donations for the performers, however, are encouraged and greatly appreciated.
For information, call (718) 998-2800 or email email@example.com.
- October 12, Tom Piercy, clarinet
- October 19, Kate Amrine, trumpet
- October 26, Tanguera Tango Ensemble
- November 2, Duo Cantabile, guitar and soprano
- November 9, 8 Strings & a Whistle, violin, cello, flute
- November 16, Daniel Lippel, classical guitar
- November 23, Brooklyn Baroque, flute, cello, harpsichord
- November 30, Roger Verdi, trombone
- December 7, Joe Brent and 9 Horses, mandolin, violin, bass
- December 14, Handel’s “Messiah,” choir, soloists, orchestra