Photo courtesy of Esfir Neyman
We received this photo and a message from SBites reader Esfir Neyman:
We have a stripped vehicle on Emmons Ave for over a month. Reported to 311 – nothing is being done. In addition we have cars parked without plates on Emmons between E 26 and E 27th streets which we reported to the city as well, but they are still there.
It’s been a while since we’ve received a stripped car e-mail, which I hope means the situation is improving. Now let’s see if someone trucks the cars Esfir writes about away. Best of luck.
A weekend shooting on the Golden Sunshine, a dinner-cruise boat featuring alcohol-fueled late-night parties, has led fed up residents to launch a petition for the boat’s relocation.
Continue Reading »
Reader nolastname caught two accidents an hour apart at the same intersection – East 26th Street and Avenue Y – shortly before the sun went down this evening. It doesn’t look like anyone was hurt in either accident, but it does serve as a reminder: do not drive tonight or tomorrow unless you absolutely must!
According to Community Board 15 chairperson Theresa Scavo, Verizon will begin installing large poles – similar to telephone poles – in front of homes in order to deliver is FiOS fiber-optic service to the area. Scavo notes that once the pole is in the ground they will not be moved. If you see Verizon workers preparing to work in front of your home, and you are not happy with the potential placement of the pole, Scavo advises calling the board immediately – before work begins – at (718) 332-3008.
The streets the company will deploy to are:
- Ave. V from Bragg to Ocean
- Bragg from Ave. X to Ave. T
- On Brigham from Ave. W to Ave. U
- Haring from Ave. Z to Ave. X
- Coyle from Emmons to Shore
- Batchelder from Shore to Voorhies
- Nostrand from Voorhies to Emmons
- Bedford from Ave. Y to Ave. V
- E. 12th from William Court to Guider
- Coyle from Ave. U to Ave. T
- E. 17th from Ave. W to Ave. Y
- E. 18th from Ave. W to Ave. X
- E. 19th from Ave. W. to Ave. Z
- E. 26th from Ave. X to Ave. V
- E. 28th from Ave. X to Ave. T
- E. 29th from Ave. V to Ave. X
- E. 7th from Ave. Y to Shore
- Lancaster from E. 7th to Coney Island Ave.
[where: 11235] [where:Sheepshead Bay]