Long-time Sheepshead Bay resident Natalya Serebrennikova created a profound and playful animated short, Cicada, now competing in a PBS 13 contest. The film tells the story of an immigrant girl’s last days in Ozerki, Russia, her transition to Brooklyn, and her first day of school. With a remarkable amount of detail and specificity, Serebrennikova recounts the…
- Things To Do In Southern Brooklyn: A Greek Cultural Festival, A Pet Costume Contest, The BITE 2015
- Big Changes Coming To Annual Greek Festival This Weekend On Avenue P
- This Weekend: Bay-Bound Q Runs Express From Prospect To Kings Highway
- Last Chance To Buy Discounted Tickets To The BITE: Sheepshead!
- Shipping Container Booths And Street Art At Smorgasburg Coney Island [Photos]
- Morning Mug: “Where Flowers Bloom So Does Hope.” — Lady Bird Johnson
- Purse Swiper Targets Roller Coaster Riders At Luna Park, Say Cops
- Joseph Hayon, Midwood Republican Who Ran On Family Values Platform, Confesses To Viewing Child Pornography
- Local Pols Push To Restore Ocean Parkway Speed Limit To 30 MPH (Updated)
- Ride With uberPOOL To The BITE: Sheepshead!