We hope all our neighbors are enjoying a final summer sendoff this Labor Day. If you’re sticking around the area, here’s some information from the city on what’s open, what’s closed, and what’s running on a different schedule:
• Government offices and courts are closed on Monday, September 1 in observance of Labor Day.
• There is no mail delivery.
• Alternate side parking is suspended, and you do not have to pay the parking meter. No stopping, no standing and no parking regulations are suspended except where those regulations are in effect anytime or seven days a week.
• There is no garbage or recycling pickup. If Monday is your garbage day, put out your garbage after 5pm Monday evening. If Monday is your recycling day, wait until next week to put out your recycling.
• Subways and buses are operating on a Sunday schedule. The Staten Island Ferry is operating on a holiday schedule.
• All branches of the Brooklyn Public Library are closed.
• And as a final reminder that this really is the end of summer, New York City public schools open on Thursday, September 4.