ICYMI: Teens Busted For Assault Of Midwood Woman, Truck Smashes Up Parked Cars, Q Line NYC’s Dirtiest
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at] sheepsheadbites [dot] com.
- The week’s news was dominated by the assault and robbery of an 18-year-old woman as she attempted to enter the elevator of her Midwood apartment building. With help from clear surveillance footage, cops busted the two thugs they believe are behind the crime, Tyler Hoppin and Malique Young, both 18.
- In other crime news, cops are hunting a Coney Island chain snatcher, put out photos of Brighton Beach robbery suspects, and cuffed an alleged rapist with help from a good Samaritan.
- A tow truck smashed up a row of parked cars on Ocean Avenue near Avenue Y, and the driver fled on foot before being arrested later.
- Locals are griping about the latest batch of illegal clothing donation bins popping up on public property.
- Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz spent campaign cash in Munich and Barcelona and is struggling to explain the spending.
- Councilman David Greenfield is calling for the city to deny a parking waiver requested for a new Coney Island Avenue commercial development.
- Councilman Chaim Deutsch is helping those ticketed for driving on Nostrand Avenue’s new bus lanes after the city admitted a snafu in sending them out in a timely manner.
- The Q train is the dirtiest in the system, says new report.
- Dunkin’ Donuts is coming to Neptune Avenue in Brighton Beach.