In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): What’s this? A Sunday post on Sheepshead Bites? Yep, we’re doing that now. You’ve got a big week ahead of you because you’re an important person. So we’re going to make your life a little easier and refresh your addled-brain with a roundup of some of the big stories you may have missed this past week.
Of course, you can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
Here are the big stories on Sheepshead Bites from July 7 – 12:
- Arguably the biggest news in all of America this week, Sheepshead Bites has joined forces with Corner Media, forming the largest online neighborhood news network in Brooklyn.
- Muss Development, which built and manages Brighton Beach’s Oceana condos, is planning an enormous residential development at the former site of Station Plaza, next to the Sheepshead Bay subway station.
- Bill Murray’s excellence may be the only thing that hipsters and old school Brooklynites agree on. But it looks like Murray is siding with true Brooklyn in his new movie, filmed and set in Marine Park.
- This guy dissed Sheepshead Bay’s restaurants in favor of a Shake Shack.
- Some crime news: a Midwood man was sentenced for beating his wife to death while she slept; a Coney Island man was fatally shot in the head; and cops are hunting for this burglar of dental offices.
- Newsflash: it’s my birthday today.
Have a great Sunday, and if you’re looking for something new to eat, try Anatolian Gyro’s octopus salad.