In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- The Army Corps of Engineers has nearly wrapped up $15 million of restoration work at Marine Park’s White Island. We took a kayak tour.
- A man was ordered to pay back more than half a million dollars he stole while running 19 sham charities out of a Midwood office, claiming the funds were to help Israeli or Jewish causes. In reality, he used the accounts as a personal piggybank.
- The Medicare billing practices of several area chiropractors, physical therapists and occupational therapists are raising eyebrows.
- Faberge on Emmons Avenue has covered up its sign after a trademark lawsuit was filed by Faberge jewelers.
- A woman was found dead in a Brighton Beach apartment; a girl was struck by an ambulance on Coney Island Avenue and is expected to be okay; worshipers at a local mosque were pelted with eggs and a 10-year-old girl drowned at Coney Island.