Beginning September 12, Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz will be holding a series of health screenings in his district office at 1800 Sheepshead Bay Road (between Emmons Avenue and Shore Parkway).
“I’ve worked hard to pass legislation to help residents remain healthy, active, and vital,” said Cymbrowitz, a member of the Assembly’s Health Committee. “I’ve also encouraged residents to take a pro-active approach to their health by sponsoring a wide range of preventive screenings that are convenient, accessible and FREE.”
The dates of screenings are listed below:
- September 12 (Thursday), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Osteoporosis
- October 7 (Monday), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Flu Shots
- October 16 (Wednesday), 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Flu Shots
- October 21 (Monday), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Flu Shots
- October 30 (Wednesday), 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Flu Shots
- November 6 (Wednesday), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Stress Reduction (Breathing Exercise)
- December 12 (Thursday), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Cholesterol, Glucose and Blood Pressure
- March 12 (Wednesday), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Colon Cancer Screening
Appointments are required and many screenings tend to fill up quickly. Call Cymbrowitz’ office at (718) 743-4078 to schedule your appointments today.