If your business was affected by Superstorm Sandy, you are eligible to receive pro-bono legal advice from volunteer attorneys who are with the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project and accounting guidance from CPAs with the New York State Society of CPAs, during a free clinic today, January 31, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at El Greco Diner, 1821 Emmons Avenue at Sheepshead Bay Road.
Attorneys and CPAs will be available to answer questions related to:
- FEMA and SBA issues
- Commercial landlord/tenant issues
- Employer responsibilities
- Insurance issues
- Contract issues
- Filing amended returns
- Calculating business loss
- Applying for tax relief
You should also bring all documents related to your primary question, including:
- Your lease and all riders
- Any contracts (including amendments and relevant communications)
- Insurance policies, riders and any communications with your insurers
Assistance will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. RSVP by going to http://sheepsheadbaysandyclinic.eventbrite.com or by calling/emailing Rodrigo Camarena at (212) 513-9211/[email protected]. For more information, visit www.nyc.gov/nycbusiness.