Labor Day. That’s supposed to be a day of labor, right?
Well for us at Sheepshead Bites it is, so we’re in the office working. But we’re not posting much today; instead we’re working on content for the upcoming few weeks.
So, while we’re sweating it out, you guys go and have a terrific day off.
Just a few notes:
- Alternate Side Parking is suspended for the day.
- Parking meter regulations are also suspended.
- There is no garbage collection for those scheduled for Monday morning pickup. If you normally put your garbage out Sunday night for Monday pickup, put it out tonight for Tuesday morning pickups. Pickups may be delayed. If you have Monday morning recycling pickup, do not put your recyclables at the curb. Your next recycling pickup will be next Monday.
- Subways operate on Sunday schedules. That means there is no B train today.
- There are service detours on the B49 and B1. The B49 is rerouted near Eastern Parkway to accommodate the West Indian Day Parade. The Bay Ridge terminus of the B1 route has been changed to accommodate a change in S79SBS bus service. Details of these and other detours can be found here.
- There will be fireworks at Coney Island tonight, immediately following the Brooklyn Cyclones game. Approximate time will be 9:30 p.m. The team’s final game of the season is this Wednesday.