Building on our three-year history of breaking news, engaging community and producing special events, Sheepshead Bites takes to the field of Southern Brooklyn’s premiere sports franchise to recognize the spirit that binds us as a community!
MCU Park, home of the Brooklyn Cyclones, is dedicating their Friday, August 19 game against the Jamestown Jammers to Sheepshead Bites readers and the neighborhoods they live in.
The event includes:
- $12 field box seats (normally $16)
- Pregame performance by a Sheepshead Bay-based group
- A presentation honoring a local hero from Sheepshead Bay
- One lucky reader will be chosen to throw the first pitch
- Videos celebrating Sheepshead Bay will be played on the jumbotron
- Dozens of Sheepshead Bites t-shirts – custom designed for the event – will be shot into the stands (we’ll be selling additional shirts at the event)
- Fireworks after the game!
Support Sheepshead Bites by inviting your friends and family to join us and the Brooklyn Cyclones as we celebrate the greatest neighborhood in New York City: Sheepshead Bay. A portion of ticket sales purchased using our promo code goes to Sheepshead Bites’ freelance writer budget, giving us what we need to produce more original coverage for you to enjoy!
- Where: MCU Park, Surf Avenue and West 17th Street in Coney Island
- When: August 19 at 7:00 p.m.
- Tickets: $12.00
- Click here and enter “BITES” to receive a $12 Field Box Seat with a portion of every ticket sale going to support Sheepshead Bites