Saturday, February 12
- 9:15 a.m.
- Arrested at the Times Square subway station. Police flooded the 3 train Gelman was riding and took him into custody. An MTA bus transported witnesses for questioning. One police officer was hurt.
- 9:00 a.m.
- Gelman stabbed another man on the 3 train at the 96th Street and Broadway station. The 40-year-old was stabbed in the neck, critically injuring him.
- 1:00 a.m.
- Gelman attacked another man on Eastern Parkway, stealing a black Nissan Maxima and injuring the driver. The 25-year-old man was stabbed repeatedly and dragged for a block. Moments before stealing the Maxima, Gelman had held a knife to a cabbie’s throat, telling him to drive. The cabbie struggled and drove into a parked car.
Friday, February 11
- 9:15 p.m.
- Gelman’s stolen Pontiac is found abandoned at East 15th Street between Avenue H and Avenue I.
- 7:30 p.m.
- Police receive a call that a man matching Gelman’s description was seen hiding behind a building on Avenue R and East 18th Street. Police respond in force, but find it to be a false alarm.
- 4:45 p.m.
- Gelman plowed into a 62-year-old man at Avenue R and Ocean Avenue, just one block away from where he struck a crossing guard earlier in the day. Unlike that victim, the 62-year-old man later died.
- 4:40 p.m.
- After fleeing the scene of his girlfriend’s murder in his silver Lexus, Gelman drove north to Avenue U. There he attacked a passing motorist, stabbing 60-year-old Art DiCrescento before stealing his Pontiac Bonneville. DiCrescento is in critical condition.
- 4:30 p.m.
- After several quiet hours on the lam, Gelman resurfaces. Police respond to a 911 call to East 24th Street and Avenue Y. There they find his ex-girlfriend, Yelena Bulchenko, 20, dead – alongside her mother Anna. Gelman stabbed Anna more than a dozen times while Yelena attempted to escape. Gelman caught Yelena outside, and stabbed her multiple times as well.
- 8:12 a.m.
- Police believe Gelman struck a crossing guard at Ocean Avenue and Avenue S. The 41-year-old guard suffered a broken leg.
- 5:10 a.m.
- When police arrive at an East 27th Street and Emmons Avenue condo, Aleksandr Kuznetov, 54, is found dead. Police begin the hunt for his stepson, Maksim Gelman, who fled in a silver Lexus.
Gelman had a prior arrest for patronizing a prostitute and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Neighbors said police had been to the East 27th Street condo several times in the past, as he and his father fought frequently.