With all the construction going on along the B and Q subway lines, walls at the stations are getting lots of colorful decorations in the form of service announcements. I asked the booth clerk this morning about the construction, and even he seemed at a loss to explain the various changes going on and referred me to the signs, which he said get updated every day and he’s lost track of the latest disruptions.
Well, we’re doing our best to cut through the clutter. It’s not easy, considering there are several incorrect signs up. Below is the most current slew of changes covering this week and weekend. Hopefully it won’t change midway through, but it’s accurate as of noon today.
- B/Q – Late night – Coney Island-bound trains skip Avenue J from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday to Friday, until September 24. (There’s an erroneous sign at Sheepshead Bay Road station saying the B train is only affected by this from 11 p.m. to midnight. Ignore it.)
- Q – Late night – In both directions, trains run local from 34th Street in Manhattan to Canal Street, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday to Friday, until September 24.
- B/Q – All times – Avenue U and Neck Road station Manhattan-bound platforms are closed until early 2011.
- Q – Late night – No trains will run between 9:30 p.m. on Friday until 5 a.m. on Monday between Prospect Park and Stillwell Avenue. Free shuttle buses will replace service. Read our earlier post about this.
- B – The last B train on Friday at Sheepshead Bay Road train station will arrive at 8:25 p.m.
- Q – Trains run local in both directions between canal Street and 34th Street in Manhattan.
- Q – All times – Avenue U and Neck Road station Manhattan-bound platforms are closed until early 2011.
- Manhattan-bound platforms of Avenue H, Avenue J and Avenue M stations are closed, beginning 5 a.m. on Monday, September 27, until rehabilitation work is completed. (Note that there are erroneous signs at some of the stations saying that Coney Island-bound platforms will be closed, not Manhattan-bound. Ignore them.)
Check the MTA website for the latest.