We’re hiring our first full-time Account Executive to help serve existing advertisers and find new ones. Please check out the job description below, and if you think you’re the right fit for our team, send an introduction email and a resume to Liena Zagare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Executive at Corner Media
Corner Media is looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, passionate, and committed account executive to help build and professionalize our growing business.
We are Brooklyn’s leading local publisher, focused on hyperlocal journalism with integrity and heart. We are a network of seven sites stretching from Sheepshead Bay to Fort Greene, with deep roots in our communities, a full-time staff, and a mission of building a sustainable model for local media. This position will report to and work closely with the Publisher.
The ideal candidate will have experience and relationships in digital advertising and marketing in Brooklyn, New York, and will genuinely believe in our mission of doing great journalism in the communities we cover. This person will sell both display advertising and sponsored content, with a focus on large local institutions and regional advertisers, and will also work to ensure that campaigns satisfy our clients and stay true to our commitment to our readers. She or he will have a track record of success, knowledge of the market, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will allow her to shape our products, build new relationships, and begin generating revenue quickly.
This job is based in Brooklyn and can work out of our office in Ditmas Park. We offer competitive compensation and commissions, as well as the satisfaction of helping to build a lasting local institution.
- Prospect for new business, pitch advertisers, and make sales
- Focus on larger — five- and six-figure — buys, and on shaping products around that scale
- Create clear and compelling sales material
- Generate and traffic insertion orders
- Manage all aspects of relationships with clients
- Serve as a channel for client feedback to publisher
- Hit or exceed quarterly sales targets
- Digital sales or marketing experience
- Understanding of and relationships in the Brooklyn marketing community
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex five-figure insertion orders
- Genuine passion for hyperlocal media, and ability to explain its importance to potential clients
About Corner Media
Corner Media is founded on the belief that local news can be run as a sustainable business through careful growth, and a relationship of trust with local readers and advertisers. Corner Media offers readers unvarnished news from people who really care about their neighborhoods. Its seven sites — Park Slope Stoop, South Slope News, Ditmas Park Corner, KensingtonBK, Fort Greene Focus, Sheepshead Bites, and Bensonhurst Bean — have deep reach into key Brooklyn neighborhoods. Corner Media provides advertisers a platform and email and social channels that connect with Brooklyn communities, and offers both sponsored content and display advertising.
Corner Media is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.